HP Photosmart C4680 All-in-one Printer (Q8418A#ABA)


Other than scanning very nice3

The first thing I learned when I put the HP 4680 on line was that the old usb cable I had from my evidently crippled HP 1210 had failed. I didn't even know that usb cables could do that but the 4680 couldn't 'see' the connection using the old cable. When I purchased and attached the new cable the 4680 then went righ along very well.

Incidently my curiosity was eating me alive as to whether all this time the cable could be the problem with my old HP 1210. Turns out it was and the old printer was once again functioning. With it now resurrected I began to question whether I really needed the new 4680. Still it was pretty nice with the little LCD screen & all - so I put it on line.

Two days later my wife was attempting to scan a page not using the computer and it would not saying instead try scanning from the computer. So - went to the HP Solutions Center program and again it would not and gave some sort of 'disconnect' error code.

Yesterday I spent over two hours with HP tech support and really they were very polite worked hard reinstalled the software installed other software etc. and still could not get it to scan as indicated in the manual. The tech guy DID discover however that it would scan using Microsoft Windows Gallery under the heading of 'Insert' 'Scan'. So we then knew that the scanner really works just not using the software from HP at least so far.

So - now I am about convinced to return the 4680 and shop for some other sort of printer or just keep going with my old one. I don't know whether anyone else has had this problem nor of course whether a solution has been found. I just want it to work as indicated.More detail ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List