HP LaserJet P1006 Printer


Excellent Printer... Needs a Driver Update!4

I love this printer I bought it on sale over the weekend for under $100 (couldn't resist a laser printer at that price!). I probably printed about 700 pages this weekend one of the perks of being a Grad student I suppose.



The Positives

-Prints quickly and great font quality

-The printer is SMALL smaller than my injet.

-Works great with XP and Vista (sorry No Mac to test on)



The Con

-This printer won't work with my wireless print server. The reason given is that the driver doesn't support it at this time. My workaround for the time being is to share the printer from the desktop in my office since I do most of my printing from my laptop in another room.



Hopefully that driver or a firmware upgrade to the print server (whichever comes first) comes out soon! Otherwise this is an incredible laser printer for the price!



On a side note many people in discussion forums have complained about the high cost per sheet for a laser printer (about 4 cents a page) it is still far lower than any inkjet AND the printer just came out as far as I've seen Laser cartridges (at least here on Amazon) tend to fall in price by a few dollars after the product has been out for 6 or more months. I don't see this changing for this printer as well.More detail ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List